Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sci-Fi fandom

First things first.

I want to see Star Trek, haven't yet.

Secondly, Cynthia, your last post made me realize that I may not actually be a Sci-Fi fan. I used to think I was, but I think I was kidding myself. I mean, I haven't ever really watched Star Trek either. I don't even know what Battlestar Gallactica is about (save for the whole Jim-Dwight The Office stuff). I don't read overly sci-fi stuff . . .

I guess my mom and I would stay up late to watch the X-Files together, hmm.

But I love Star Wars, Ender's Game, the movie The Fifth Element (vicariously through my mother, in the very least) . . .

My larger love is fantasy I suppose, but even then it is the typical stuff: LOTR, Harry Potter, Twilight (yes!)

I think what I am discovering about myself is that I *gulp* simply love diving into narratives that capture the mass mind?????

Okay, I need to think about this when I don't have to run out the door for work in 5 minutes. I will post more on this tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment